Trade, not aid. Free exchange, not protectionism. Defence, not aggression. Amongst our policies, we would:
- Make defence spending a priority, not a soft target for cuts. If we are going to send our military to war, they must be properly equipped.
- Retain military operational independence.
- Judge spending against the full range of future threats, and not just against the needs of the current campaign.
- Respect other countries' values. We should defend our values, and provide sanctuary against more oppressive values, but not seek to impose them on other countries.
- Provide aid for emergencies only. Aid for economic construction and export subsidies undermine local economies.
- Seek trading partnerships with as many partners as possible, but accept no dilution of national sovereignty.